Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm Alive!


Accelerated Degree Programs

Oh. My. Goodness.  I can't believe that I have not posted anything on here since before Christmas! My life has taken a turn towards crazy, to say the least.  I'm sorry that I haven't been able to post much!

My husband and I welcomed our 2nd little girl on Valentine's Day.  After being on bed-rest for the last couple months of my pregnancy, we thought that it wasn't going to get any crazier....and it did.  Our little baby ended up getting sick and was admitted to the hospital twice.  We spent most of March in a children's hospital while our Abigail fought to get better.  And she did! But that was just the tip of the iceberg.  Ever have those MONTHS where everything spirals out of control? It has been one thing after another, but we're working through it!  

I also found out that I will be teaching 2nd grade next year! I am very excited to begin a new adventure in the fall.  I've been so busy with packing up my room (a huge chore), studying new curriculum and getting to know the other 2nd grade teachers.  So hopefully I'll be able to find my way and post activities and resources for 2nd and/or 1st grade come fall!

I received an email this morning stating that my blog has earned a nomination for a Fascination Award: 2012's Most Fascinating Elementary Teacher blog.  That was surprising, considering that I have not been on here much these past months! How wonderful! 





Accelerated Degree Programs

1 comments:

Sprinkle Teaching Magic (Sheila) said...

Congratulations on your bundle of joy and being nominated! Glad your baby is better. 2nd grade is the best!!! Although I teach kinder at the moment my years in 2nd were a blast. This kids are still at the age where they adore you, you can really take them places with their writing, and much more! They are super independent and the reading groups....see I could go on and on. I miss it!

Sheila
Sprinkle Teaching Magic

Post a Comment